On 4-8 December 2022, several AIM PhD students will participate at the 23rd International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference (ISMIR 2022). ISMIR is the leading conference in the field of music informatics and this year it will take place in Bengaluru, India, and online.
As in previous years, AIM will have a strong presence at the conference, both in terms of numbers and overall impact.
In the Technical Programme, the following papers are authored/co-authored by AIM students:
- Contrastive Audio-Language Learning for Music (Ilaria Manco, Emmanouil Benetos, Elio Quinton, George Fazekas)
- ATEPP: A Dataset of Automatically Transcribed Expressive Piano Performance (Huan Zhang, Jingjing Tang, Syed Rafee, Simon Dixon, György Fazekas)
- EnsembleSet: a new high quality synthesised dataset for chamber ensemble separation (Saurjya Sarkar, Emmanouil Benetos, Mark Sandler)
- Performance MIDI-to-score conversion by neural beat tracking (Lele Liu, Qiuqiang Kong, Veronica Morfi, Emmanouil Benetos) Best paper award nominee
- DDX7: Differentiable FM Synthesis of Musical Instrument Sounds (Franco Caspe, Andrew McPherson, Mark Sandler)
- Interpreting Song Lyrics with an Audio-Informed Pre-trained Language Model (Yixiao Zhang, Junyan Jiang, Gus Xia, Simon Dixon) Best paper award nominee
On Tutorials, AIM PhD students Christian Steinmetz and Soumya Vanka will be co-presenting a tutorial on “Deep learning for automatic mixing”.
On Special Sessions, AIM PhD student Lele Liu is joining as panellist the special session on PhD in MIR: Challenges and Opportunities.
On the Late-breaking/Demo (LBD) session, the following extended abstracts are authored/co-authored by AIM students:
- MAP-Music2Vec: A Simple and Effective Baseline for Self-Supervised Music Audio Representation Learning (Yizhi Li, Ruibin Yuan, Ge Zhang, Yinghao Ma, Chenghua Lin, Xingran Chen, Anton Ragni, Hanzhi Yin, Zhijie Hu, Haoyu He, Emmanouil Benetos, Norbert Gyenge, Ruibo Liu, Jie Fu)
- Song Describer: a Platform for Collecting Textual Descriptions of Music Recordings (Ilaria Manco, Benno Weck, Philip Tovstogan, Minz Won, Dmitry Bogdanov)
See you at ISMIR!